Intaba Ridge partners with Hollard & Bay Union for a bespoke group insurance policy
Intaba Ridge is excited to announce the finalization of the bespoke group insurance policy for all residents and contractors at the estate, that will come into effect from the 1st of December 2017.
The policy is underwritten by Hollard Insurance Company. Hollard was founded in 1980 and has grown to become the second largest short-term insurance company in South Africa with total assets of over R17 billion and in excess of 6 million policy holders. The brokers for the group policy are Bay Union Insurance Brokers (Pty) Ltd. Bay Union was founded in 1990 and have grown to offer services in personal insurance, commercial insurance, sports and leisure, financial planning and employee benefits. The sport and leisure division is headed by Nick Keary, who has been fine-tuning the gated-estate offering for 10 years and own’s the IP for the group policy for gated estates. There are currently 8500 houses under cover on this scheme in gated estates across the country including Simbithi, Zimbali, Mt Edgecome, St. Francis Links, Woodhill, Brettenwood Estate and Pinnacle Point.
The benefit of this policy is that due to the specialist nature of the cover and the large pool of insured homes. By way of comparison, a comparative survey was done on 12 different residents’ current homeowner’s policies in Intaba Ridge. The results were astounding, as there were significant advantages, including:
- Monthly premium savings of 40-50%
- Additional cover for residents not provided by traditional insurance.
- More cover (in rand value) for less premium
- Continuous cover i.e. from Construction through to occupation.
By way of example, the following was the result on a R 4m house:
- Premium saving of up to 53%.
- Member to member liability cover of R 50m. This is not included on the comparative policy.
- Property owner’s liability cover R 50m. This is not included on the comparative policy.
- Spread of fire liability cover of R 10m. This is not included on the comparative policy.
- Garden tools, power surge, damage by wildlife, external signs & blinds, theft of external fixtures, removal of bees and malicious damage are all covered. This is not included on the comparative policy.
This additional benefit, exclusively available to Intaba Ridge residents is another reason to invest at Intaba Ridge and be inspired by its unique lifestyle, naturally!
Author: Intaba Ridge HOA